Versions 3.4.x to 3.5 or 3.6
If you don’t have the ability to unpack the archive on the server (method B), please use this method:
- Download the update package from https://downloads.joomla.org
- Extract the download package on your computer
- Using your favorite FTP software, upload the folders and files at the root of the website or in the folder where your Joomla! installation is located. (NOTE: If you are using Filezilla, click on “Replace” for all, if you are using WinSCP, click on upload and then allow override for all. The FTP software will overwrite the existing files and add the new ones.)
- Log in to your Joomla! Administrator panel and go to Extensions → Manage → Database and select the Fix button on the top left.
- Go within the manage section to Discover menu item in the left menu and click the Discover button. Select only the Joomla! CORE extensions shown in the list and click the Install button. (Note: do not select for installation the 3rd party extensions you may have installed).
- In the main menu of your administrator panel, go to System → Clear Cache and if any rows are shown, select them and click the Delete button at the top left.